In this guide we explain how you can add, edit and delete subtitles in multiple languages on YouTube videos.
How do I add subtitles on YouTube?
You can add subtitles to your YouTube video in several ways. The beginning is always the same:
- Open the YouTube studio en go to Subtitles
- Select the video to which you want to add subtitles
- Select the language of the subtitles and click on Add
- Then choose how you want to add subtitles:
- Upload a SRT file and choose “with timing” if you created it with Triple8
- Automatic synchronization: YouTube chooses the timing for the text you entered
- Type subtitles manually and determine the timing yourself
- Automatic translation: YouTube subtitles and automatically translates the audio into text. Please note: YouTube does this word for word and not in contextual sentences like Triple8
Don’t know what a SRT file is or how to create one? Then check out our blog about SRT files.
Add subtitles in multiple languages on YouTube
Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you want to add subtitles in more than one language to your YouTube video. Repeat this until all subtitles for each language have been added.
Editing or removing subtitles on YouTube
If you want to edit or remove subtitles from your YouTube video, please do the following:
- Login to the YouTube Studio and go to Subtitles in the left menu
- Select the video from which you want to edit or remove subtitles
- Go to the desired language and click on Edit or the [3 dots] to remove the subtitles
Want to know more about adding subtitles to videos? Then read our Ultimate guide.