Adding subtitles to your Facebook videos will allow your video to be viewed without sound and make it more accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing. Subtitles will increase the reach of your video on Facebook.
In this guide, we will show you how to add captions in multiple languages to your video, edit and remove them on Facebook.
If you have a SRT file of your subtitles, you can easily add the subtitles to your video.
Don’t know how to create a SRT file? Check out our blog What is SRT?
- Post a new video or go to an existing video on your Facebook page.
- Click on “edit video” via the [three dots]. For new videos: wait until the video is ready to be played.
- Go to Captions and click “Choose file” under Upload SRT files
- Click on “Save”
Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you want to add subtitles in several languages to your video. Repeat this until you have added subtitles in each language
If you want to remove subtitles from your video, please follow these steps:
- Open your video and click on “edit video” via the [three dots]
- Go to Captions and click on [X] next to the SRT file
More tips for subtitling videos?
Want to know more about how to add subtitles to other social media channels such as YouTube and LikedIn? Or how to add subtitles in video editing programs such as Premiere Pro and iMovie? Then read our ultimate guide to video subtitling where we explain all of this.